When campaigning for a product, a brand or a cause, Direct Mail (DM) can sometimes seem unnecessary. We
especially feel this way because we are so connected with through the internet and social media, however it is often the case that DM is the only campaigning platform that can reach or affect a certain demographic.
A Direct Mail Campaign can deliver an effective campaign message to your targeted audience. This method is exceptionally true if your audience is over 55 years old and are likely to be retired.
Examples where Direct Mail campaigns are effective and necessary are:
- Local Government (LG) elections: LG elections are often expensive because the main source of campaigning is via postal vote (voting rules vary from state to state).
- Hospitality: Opening up a new restaurant can be difficult especially when you are new to the scene. That is why a DM campaign, accompanied with other campaigning platforms can be an effective way to get your name out and fill those restaurant seats.
- Trades and Services: local trades and services should always consider DM campaigns when establishing or trying to grow their customer base. Most people like to support their local businesses but they have to know who they are first.
How We Can Help
At ECG we have worked out the most effective DM campaign techniques, starting from campaign material design, to printing and distribution. We use 23 different data sources to workout locations of people that are likely to support your campaign and those that are not, and from there we prepare separate material for each audience.
Distribution can be very costly, that is why we have two different distribution methods, one is more affordable but less effective and the other is very expensive but much more effective.
Postal vs Letterbox distribution
When money is not much of an issue, and you have an important deadline to meet, like a government election, then this is the best option.
- Quick and Efficient
- Guaranteed delivery
- GPS Tracking
- Professional looking
- Won’t be delayed due to bad weather
- Very Expensive
Most people opt for letterbox distribution when advertising their business or cause via DM unless the campaign is time sensitive and/or they are competing against other organisations, causes or deadlines.
- Guaranteed delivery
- Professional look
- Can take a couple of weeks to deliver
- No tracking
- Not as professional looking
- delivery can be delayed due to bad weather